Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Greatest Heartbreak Ever..

My parents got separated when I was in 4th grade. I cried, my mother cried, my father cried, and my little brother, who at the time was only in grade two, sat and watched us.

Looking back on the short 10 years of life I’ve had, I can’t say that I’m dissatisfied. In fact, I think that if my parents had stayed together, I wouldn’t be half as happy as I am now. Even though I say that, I cant say that I wasn’t hurt or affected.

I remember crying in the bathroom at school with my 3 friends all hugging me, telling me they were sorry. At the time, none of them knew how it felt. Within the next 3 years, they would. Each of us handled our parents separated differently.

I, being someone who hated to show weakness, pretended nothing had happened. That I didn’t cry myself to sleep at night, that I didn’t miss the other parent when I was at the other’s house and that I didn’t mind when either of the parents moved on to a new significant other.

Carrie, on the other hand, knew her parents had been fighting for years and blew it off when it finally happened. Her reaction simply was, “It was coming sooner or later. At least its over with so I don’t hear them fighting at night anymore.” But as I think about it, I wonder if she felt as heartbroken as I did.

Madison is the one who was affected a lot. Her dad had always been away traveling and her mom had always taken care of her and her sister and after the separation, her daily life barely changed. Madison, is my closest friend out of the 3.

Josephine, compared to the rest of us, took a whole different route. Her life at home wasn’t all that stable to begin with. She had been my friend since grade three and come third year high school, I watched her slowly deteriorate into someone who went out with her older sister to smoke pot frequently.

Slowly I began to realize that every one reacts differently to different things. In my eyes, I’m not sure Josephine acted rationally. But then again, I’m not sure I did either. Everyone thinks, acts and is different. People may be alike, but not the same.

My family may be broken, but that doesn't mean that I will give up on striving and stop dreaming a success in life . And even if my family is broken, it sure as hell doesn’t mean that I am too.

life is not that perfect to everyone..and even no one can say that he lives the way he wants to..
we are somewhat deferent in manners and degree..
so why should I be sad and disappointed when there's a lot of people out there who truly makes me smile..?

4 comments:

  1. tol ausw lang yan d2 panamn kaming friends mo ee.. godbless sa lahat ng mga balak mong gawin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..............
    uhm..that's okay as long as we are here sistah.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uy ipis ahehehe .....its me ur devil cousin....
    Guts>
    ahahaha....visit mu rin to ?^^,...
    wakekekekkek
    eaglewatch-sindicate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete